“Datu Tim” Hartman
Grand Master Presas Arnis
Datu Hartman started his formal martial training in Modern Arnis. After his first year of training, Hartman became a direct student of the late Grand Master Remy A. Presas (The Prof). Before GM Presas passed, he promoted Hartman to “Datu” and the highest active ranked American.
In 1998 Hartman started training Kombatan under the Prof’s younger brother, Ernesto Presas. In 2007, while Hartman was in the Philippines, GM Ernesto promoted Hartman to a 9th degree black belt and Grand Master of the family system.
Hartman continues his education. He is trained and certified in: Modern Arnis, Kombatan, Balintawak Eskrima and Bando. Recently the Datu tested and received black belts in both Kuntaw and Sikaran.
He has taught throughout the US, Canada, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, England, Puerto Rico, Poland, Barbados, Venezuela, Chile, Italy, Iceland, Portugal, Finland, Austria and in Arnis’ birth place, the Philippines. Though his dedication to the arts, Hartman has become one of the world’s leading instructors of Filipino Martial Arts.
Through the martial arts, Datu has changed his life in the most amazing ways and wants to share his transformation with others so they can experience the same positive benefits that he has gained. Datu Tim has accomplished much in his Martial Arts career. Here is a partial list of his achievements:
- 10th Degree Black Belt Presas Arnis
- 9th Degree Black Belt Kombatan
- 6th Degree Black Belt Modern Arnis
- 1 of 6 Modern Arnis Datu’s world wide
- Master Instructor Bando (Dhot)
- Senior Instructor Balintawak (Bacon – Buot Lineage)
- Ikatlo Guro (3rd Degree) – Dekiti Tirsia Siradas Arnis De Mano
- 2nd Degree Black Belt Kuntaw
- 2nd Degree Black Belt Sikaran